What even is a school counselor?
First things first, we do more than change schedules! We are here to help every student succeed at Sky View High School and beyond. Here's some more info about what we do!
As a Counseling Department, we want all students to feel welcome to come in and talk to us about many different things. Here's a sample list of some of the things we love talking to students/parents about:
- Information about classes offered at SVHS
- College preparation (ACT/SAT, Scholarships, FAFSA, etc.)
- Career and post-secondary training opportunities (BTech, Internships, Apprenticeships, etc.)
- Class Schedule Changes
- 4-Year High School Course Plans
- One-on-one PCCR (Plan for College and Career Readiness) Meetings
- Social/Emotional Skills - Crisis Counseling when necessary